- After recording double digit fantasy points in 7 straight games, Gustafsson ended with 1.6 FP against the Sabres. The positive out of this that game is that he logged 22 minutes of ice time and averages 20.5 in his last 10 games. He is too cheap at 4.3k on FanDuel for a player who is projected to play on L1 and PP1.
- Nathan MacKinnon is popping up on all three sites as the former first overall pick faces a team who has let 143 goals against, which ranks bottom three. The Vancouver Canucks have struggled with their defensive core for quite some time now and will have a handful against one of the best players in the league.
- On a big 10 game slate, we are given plenty of value to play not only McKinnon but also play Auston Matthews in the same lineup. McDavid is a bit too expensive who is $500 more than the next highest player and Matthews has the same upside potential. In a favorable matchup at home and priced under 9k makes him one of the favorite DraftKings picks.
- Farabee is one of the best salary relief plays on the slate today who plays as a top 9 forward but also gets extra minutes on the second power play unit. Another player in an excellent spot as the Coyotes have a 3.64 GAA and rank bottom three with 34.6 shots allowed which is more beneficial on DK.
- The Islanders are coming off a dominating performance in their last game but Jack Campbell will be playing at home with the current ML at -150 for the Oilers. He is priced at only $22 and is an easy lock, especially when he has McDavid and Draisaitl in front of him for offensive support.
- A must play on Yahoo and DraftKings and can argue he is a lock on FanDuel. Definitely risky to fade in cash games on all sites.
- Just like Farabee, Konecny is in a prime spot and for $18, he is one of the best mid tier options on Yahoo. He is way too cheap and should be your starting point when building out a cash game lineup.
Updated at 2:20pm pst