- We have a good sized slate today for NHL main with 6 games. Looking to find solid value plays to jam in Matthews and McDavid in cash games.
- Kyle Connor is my favorite play on the slate on both sites. He is 7.7k on FD and 6.4k on DK. While he has been pointless in the last 3 games, he has been playing 20+ minutes of ice time while averaging 3 shots per game. This is the cheapest he has been all season so I’ll jump on the value.
- I’m having a hard time fitting both McDavid and Matthews in my cash game build on FD but it’s much easier on DK with the softer pricing today. Coming off his season best game, Matthews is $600 less than McDavid but also has the same ceiling upside as the best player in the league. I would save money here and just go with Matthews.
- If you plan on spending up for Matthews, McDavid or both, you will need some value and some cheap options are Parayko (FD) and Pesce (DK). Both log heavy minutes and don’t need to score points in order to pay off their price tag. They are very cheap and provide a solid floor which is needed in cash game contests.
- Struggling to find a goalie that I love on DK but on FD, I really like Jack Campbell, strictly due to his cheap price tag.
- My last core play currently is Dubois for 3.9k. After a slow start, the former 3rd overall pick has now hit over 14 fpts in his last 2 games scoring a goal in each of them. Not only is he a top 6 forward but is on the number 1 power play unit giving you a correlation stack with Connor.
Cash Play Considerations
- Nico Hischier
- Illya Mikheyev
- Connor Hellebuyck
- Evan Bouchard
Use the promo code “RONDO” to get 50% off the weekly DFS Crunch plan. *new members only*