- Happy Monday everyone! To start the week off, we have a big 9 game slate as well as Monday Night Football and Game 5 of the Division Series in MLB. We provide projections for all sports and even all the slates so definitely check out our optimizer.
- You will be seeing a lot of Auston Matthews in my core plays this season as he brings a high floor, high ceiling potential game in and game out. After an underwhelming performance in his season opener, he scored a goal and got a helper with 12 total shots on net in his next 2 games. Both games were at home and he will be playing at home once again against arguably the worst team in the NHL. Auston is from Arizona and grew up cheering for the Coyotes so I’m sure this game will be more meaningful playing against the team he grew up cheering for.
- Bergeron was in my core plays when he faced the Coyotes but had a disappointing game. He is still projected to play on the top line and the top power play unit so for 7k, he is a viable play in FD cash games. If his minutes were closer to 20, he would be my favorite instead of Matthews.
- Spending up for Matthews and a higher mid-range price tag for Bergeron means we need some value over on FanDuel. Mark Giordano at 4.3k is someone who stands out. Although he is technically a top 6 pairing, he still gets minutes on PP2 as well as some time on the PK unit. I’ll gladly take a player who plays 18 minutes in cash games.
- The DraftKings build is a lot easier in my opinion. Starting off with Matthews who is a lock on both sites, the next spend up is MacKinnon for 7.5k. I’m really not sure why he is priced under 8k but I will take it. Nate has 4 points, one of them being a goal in his first 2 games averaging 20 DK points per game and getting minutes (20+ in each).
- Just like Nate, the next two players are underpriced sitting at just under 6k. Panarin and Tavares are still really good players and have had big games this season already. Both play on the top power play unit for their teams which is also another reason why I like them.
- I haven’t figure out which goalie I want to play on FD but over on DK, I will be locking in Shesterkin unless news pops up later. It’s a small sample size but Igor is 2-0 with a .935 save percentage and averaging 19.3 fantasy points per game. He will be facing the Ducks today who have young talented prospects but are just not ready yet to compete against the best. For 8.3k, Igor is my guy in net.
Cash Play Considerations
- Shayne Gostisbehere
- Ilya Samsonov
- Michael Bunting
- Mark Giordano
Use the promo code “RONDO” to get 50% off the weekly DFS Crunch plan. *new members only*