Dougie Hamilton (NJ) (D) – $6,800
- Dougie is my favorite play on the slate and I really like his price on FD. He has such high floor for a defensemen and is averaging 15.2 FD points per game. I look for players who play a lot of minutes in cash games and the Devils depend on their top signing to be on the ice. Lock for me in cash games and build around the 6’6 beast.
Oliver Bjorkstrand (CBJ) (W) – $6,600
- Bjorkstrand has been really solid this year and has landed in a couple of top lineups in GPP. His first game, he dropped 45.8 FD points and has put multiple 20+ FD point games. Although there are games he doesn’t quite do as much damage, he does shoot a lot and create changes. Being projected on L2/PP1, I really like this play.
Viktor Arvidsson (LA) (W) – $5,500
- After Dougie, i’d say Arvidsson is my next favorite play in cash games. He has been so consistent the entire year and his lowest score was 8 points. That is exactly what you want in a player when building cash lineups and at $5,500, it won’t be the end of the world if he gets 8. He has the skill to score 20+ FD points in a game.
Mika Zibanejad (NYR) (C) – $7,700
- Mika performed poorly for me last time I rostered him and if you look at his game log, he has cooled off since his hot start to the season. He has the chance to turn it around against a new team in the Seattle Kraken. $7,700 is priced up and if you want to fade him, I don’t mind as I prefer my other 3 core plays for FD but Mika is one of the best stud plays tonight.
Dougie Hamilton (NJ) (D) – $7,400
- This is a tough one as I love Dougie on FD because of his price but he is expensive on DK. Regardless, he has been on fire his last few games and he is my favorite defender and overall play. My next few core plays are actually all salary relief plays so don’t hesitate and lock Dougie on DK.
Jeff Petry (MON) (D) – $4,400
- Petry is projected to play on L1/PP1. At this price tag, it allows you to play Dougie and Mika who are my favorite spend ups. Petry and the Canadiens are playing the Ducks tonight which is a great match up to gather some points.
Brendan Gallagher (MON) (RW) – $4,300
- Just like Petry, Gallagher is cheap for a player who is slotted to play on the top line and power play unit. If you like John Gibson as your favorite goalie, you can either fade him but currently, I don’t mind Petry and Gallagher but also rostering Gibson. Small slate today so it’s viable in cash games.
Jesper Bratt (NJ) (RW) – $3,200
- Bratt had a break out game last time posting 1 goal and 1 assist. He is still dirt cheap for someone who constantly plays on the top line as well as the top power play unit. Even if he has a floor game, it won’t hurt but he definitely can put up multiple points just like last game.