Connor McDavid (EDM) (C) – $9,700
- McDavid continues to light up the league as he has 15 points in 6 games. That is insane and he truly is the best player in the NHL. You simply can’t fade him in cash games as he will be chalk every time he is on a slate. No need to overthink here and just hit that lock button.
Auston Matthews (TOR) (C) – $8,500
- Having 2 points in his last 2 games is a good sign for Matthews. After a slow start, possibly due to his wrist injury, he seems to be playing better. For a calibre play like himself, landing in the mid 15 FD points is fine but we still expect more from the elite center. He is a lock for me along with McDavid and this combo will show up in my core plays a lot this year.
Mitchell Marner (TOR) (W) – $6,800
- I like Marners a lot today on both sites and is my favorite play today. The only thing that would have made this an absolute perfect play would have been if he was projected to play L1 with Matthews as he is my core play as well. I will still take Marners at $6,800 playing against the Detroit Red Wings any day of the week.
Auston Matthews (TOR) (C) – $8,400
- I am not fading Matthews on FD and I won’t be here on DK. He is trending in the right direction and again, this matchup is great against the Red Wings. He has a great chance to put up his first multi-point game of the young season. Lock for me over on DK.
Petr Mrazek (TOR) (G) – $6,500
- By far my favorite goalie on DK is Mrazek. Unlike FD where the starting goalie and backup goalie are priced the same, DK has them differently which is great as it will give us an edge and save us a ton of money. There isn’t another goalie I am considering on DK for cash games.
Mitchell Marner (TOR) (RW) – $5,900
- Marners price on FD is great and Dk is even better. I think you won’t ever get Marner this low and I expect him to do a lot of damage against his weak opponent. Hopefully him and Matthews can end up on the same line but I’m fine with points from the power play unit.
Connor McDavid (EDM) (C) – $9,000
- McDavid is $9,000 and you don’t have a lot to start with on DK. Thankfully, since Mrazek is $6,500, we can jam in McDavid. Although it hurts to roster players against the Vancouver Canucks as they are my favorite team, I have no faith in the Canucks in stopping the best player who is in the best form.