Connor McDavid (EDM) (C) – $9,500
- McDavid has 6 goal and 7 assist in 5 games. That’s 13 points which is unreal. At this rate, the only person that can stop him is himself as he is a matchup nightmare. At $9,500, this is the highest he has ever been this season but I just can’t fade the best player in the league who is on fire. I don’t think there will be a time when you would want to build a cash game lineup without McDavid as your core piece.
Auston Matthews (TOR) (C) – $8,500
- Auston finally put up a point last game by sniping a goal against the Carolina Hurricanes. In 20 minutes of ice time, he recorded 15.2 FD points. I feel like that’s what we should expect from a top 10 player. 1 point in 4 games is not ideal but it was definitely a lift off his shoulders so I feel like he can play more freely tonight. The Toronto Maple Leafs play the winless Chicago Blackhawks today who has allowed 4.5 goals per game this season. They acquired Seth Jones this summer who will try to shut down Matthews but it hasn’t been working for Jones and the Blackhawks in their first 6 games.
James van Riemsdyk (PHI) (W) – $4,500
- Almost all my builds will involve a couple of high priced players and today is no different. We are locking McDavid and Matthews today so we need some salary savers. JVR is a play that stands out to me. His price is at $4,500 and for someone who plays close to 15 minutes and slotted on the top power play unit, this is a great play for cash games. Although I would want him to be a top 6 forward, he is obviously past his prime but JVR is still a solid player and play.
Joe Pavelski (DAL) (RW) – $2,600
- This is just dirt cheap for Joe Pavelski. Even if he is 37 years old, I’d still play him if he was 40+ at this price. Joe plays on L1/PP1 and I just don’t get why he dropped from $6,000. Yes, he hasn’t produced as much as we would like but play any player who plays 15+ minutes on the top line and power play unit. Grab him at close to min price because my other core plays are the two most expensive players in McDavid and Matthews.
Connor McDavid (EMD) (C) – $9,000 / Auston Matthews (TOR) (C) – $8,500
- I much prefer these two superstars on FD today but they have been in my top team throughout the day and I don’t think anything will change unless we get news. Arguably the top 2 centers in the NHL and will be chalk in cash games.