Nathan MacKinnon (COL) (C) – $8,900
- This is my first time selecting Nate as my core play and in his first 3 games, he has 1 goal and 4 assists. He is the most expensive player on the slate and it is well deserved after his performance against the Lightning which was on Oct 23. Having a 2 day break, I expect him to be ready against the solid VGK team tonight and can easily keep up his 20.3 FD points per game average. Nate is my favorite play on both sites and lock the cover boy for today.
Nikolaj Ehlers (WPG) (W) – $6,400
- I really like Ehlers today on both sites as well. This will be my third time in a row picking Ehlers as my core play and he has done well racking up 9.6 and 16.5 FD points. Surprisingly, Ehler only has 1 point in 5 games. The good sign is that he is trending in the right direction and got an assist last game. He also plays close to 20 minutes so he can definitely get his first goal of the season which I hope will be against the Anaheim Ducks tonight.
Roman Josi (NSH) (D) – $6,500
- I would say that Josi has been the best defensemen for DFS this year averaging 19.1 FD points per game. He has been so solid to start the season and for someone who has only missed hitting double digit points once in 6 games, I can’t fade Josi in cash games. He continues to play in the mid to high 20s in minutes and I’ll gladly play him at $6,500. Last game, he racked up 4 points including a goal finishing with 46.6 FD points. He was my core play then and he will be my core play again tonight.
Matt Duchene (NSH) (W) – $3,700
- FD continues to refuse to price up Matt Duchene. He plays on L1/PP1 and for someone who continues to play close to 20 minutes, this is the best salary relief play. This season, his floor game was 4.8 which won’t kill your lineup and his ceiling game this year was just last game when he put up 29.3 FD points against the Wild. This play is a no brainer and I will continue to play Duchene until he gets priced up.
Nathan MacKinnon (COL) (C) – $8,100
- I love the price for Nate on DK. He will be chalk and I don’t recommend fading an elite player who has the potential to score multiple goals every game. Although he has failed to hit the 5+ shot bonus on DK this year, that game will be coming shortly and it could very well be against the VGK. As mentioned above, he is my favorite play today. Lock him in your cash game builds and go from there.
Nikolaj Ehlers (WGP) (RW) – $6,300
- I prefer the price on FD today but Ehlers is a lock for me on DK. After Nate, he would be my next favorite play. Even though he is having a slow start to the season, he continues to play on the top line and top power play unit. He is bound to have a multi-point game and no better matchup than the Ducks.
Roman Josi (NSH) (D) – $7,400
- Josi is priced up since starting the year at $6,300. I still think he is viable because he continues to play heavy minutes as the Preds depend on their captain. If you want to fade him today, I don’t blame you but he is currently in my DK build. I just think he offers such a safe and high floor which is exactly what you need in cash games.
Brendan Gallagher (MON) (RW) – $3,400
- If you plan on playing my favorite cores above, you need to save somewhere. Gallagher once again stands out to be one of the top salary relief plays on the slate. Both the Canadiens and Kraken have struggled this year but I will bank on Gallagher to play well against a really weak expansion franchise. Being projected L1/PP1, I don’t see a better value play than the BC boy.