Auston Matthews (TOR) (C) – $8,700
- The only guy that has performed poorly for me as my core play is surprisingly Auston Matthews. In his first 3 games of the season, he has yet to register a point. He can still be bothered by his wrist injury but it’s not looking too good so far for Auston. Regardless, he is just too good and will eventually find the back of the net or grab a couple of apples. He is a lock for me on FD once again and I will look to build around him + my other core plays.
Aleksander Barkov (FLA) (C) – $8,100
- The Florida Panthers have a massive team total today (4.67) and the next highest is TB sitting at 3.93. Even though, they aren’t as important as other sports, it’s still something to consider when building your cash and gpp games. I consider Barkov to be at least a top 10 center in the league. He has failed to pick up points in his last 2 games but that won’t continue for much longer. I am going to pair Matthews and Barkov as my centers for my build as Barkov is a lock for me as well.
Ville Husso (STL) (G) – $7,900
- My favorite play on the slate is Ville Husso – back up goalie for the St. Louis Blues. Jordan Binnington has been solid for me recently so I won’t chirp him too hard but I think Ville Husso can be the starting goalie. He is making his debut against the Los Angeles Kings and although I do like some plays from the Kings, Husso is by far my favorite goalie today. It will be hard to fade him today and it’s a tough decision for me to play Kings skaters.
Auston Matthews (TOR) (C) – $8,600
- I’m giving Auston unlimited strikes because there will be a day where he puts up multiple goals and will be 80% owned. The matchup today isn’t the best but Auston can light it up on any given night. I am playing him on both sites in my cash game builds and don’t recommend fading him.
Alex Ovechkin (WAS) (LW) – $8,700
- I think we all know that the great 8 can surpass Wayne Gretzky as the NHL all time leading goal scorer. This season, Ovi is averaging a goal per game. He is by far the highest priced player but he can easily pay off this price tag. I have Jamie Benn as my core play for salary relief so you can easily fit both Matthews and Ovi.
Ville Husso (STL) (G) – $8,200
- I like Husso here on DK as well. Prefer him on FD but the matchup is great against the Los Angeles Kings. It will be his season debut and I expect him to be ready to get the win. Currently, our projections have him at 15.29 being the top goalie on the slate.
Jamie Benn (DAL) (C) – $3,500
- Long time captain of the Dallas Stars, Jamie has definitely regressed and now plays on L3/PP2. Starting out the season at $5,800, being priced at $3,500 is a steal for a player who can still make plays. Ice time is still there averaging little over 18 minutes per game. If you are going to play the two studs, you need value plays and you get it from Benn.