Jonathan Toews (CHI) (C) – $5,100
- Patrick Kane remains in Covid protocols but he is not ruled out just yet. Although he will most likely not be dressed tonight which is why I love the Chicago Blackhawks tonight against the Detroit Red Wings. I don’t think we will ever see the same Jonathan Toews as he continues to struggle near the end of his career. This season, he has yet to pick up a point but with the absence of Kane, his team will depend on him. He can’t be in a better spot and is a lock for me in cash games on both sites.
Dominik Kubalik (CHI) (W) – $5,800
- If Kane is out, I would love this play even more but even with Kane in, I like Kubalik today against the Red Wings. He got off to a great start by scoring 2 goals in 2 games but has cooled off the past 3. I am looking for Kubalik to dominate today while being line mates with Toews. They are projected to play on L2 and PP1. He is also a lock for me.
Roman Josi (NSH) (D) – $6,300
- In his first 5 games, Josi has gotten 18.9, 12.8, 14.9, 6.4 and 15.2. Minus the game against the Rangers, those are solid games with a high floor. Even in the Rangers game, he played 28 minutes and put up 4 shots on net. Josi is by far my favorite defensemen at this price on FD. DFS Crunch projection has him at 13.93 and he can definitely get more playing such high minutes.
Jonathan Toews (CHI) (C) – $4,400
- I mentioned that Toews is my favorite play on the slate for FD and that is the same for DK. It looks like Patrick Kane will be out tonight due to Covid protocols and I expect Toews to step up. He is priced all the way down to $4,400 as he has struggled all year but this is a chance to get his first point against a weaker team. Lock for me on DK and I will be building around him and Kubalik.
Dominik Kubalik (CHI) (LW) – $5,400
- Kubalik is priced right here on DK. Without Kane, I love this play and I don’t mind it if Kane is ruled in. I think having correlation in NHL cash games is beneficial, especially if they play on the top power play unit.
Alex DeBrincat (CHI) (LW) – $6,400
- Alex as well benefits from Kane being out. The Chicago Blackhawks will look to DeBrincat to bring the offensive punch that will be greatly missed. Projected to play on L1 and PP1, I feel all three of my cores from the Blackhawks can do well today. I have Alex in my FD build currently but I prefer him on DK today.