Connor McDavid (EDM) (C) – $9,800
- Connor had a down game against the Vancouver Canucks and a down game for him was 22.9. Although he is priced in the 9ks, a floor game won’t kill your lineup as McDavid will always be chalk. Don’t fade him in cash games and is yet again, a lock for me.
Thomas Chabot (OTT) (D) – $5,300
- Chabot has yet to score a goal this season and only has 3 points in 7 points. As the Senators top defensemen, they need more production and I feel like playing a weaker team like the Chicago Blackhawks sets him up for a good chance to do so. He hasn’t bee consistent this year but for $5,300 player who plays 25+ mins, this is my favorite play on FD besides the goat, McDavid.
Dominik Kubalik (CHI) (W) – $5,600
- Patrick Kane is a GTD but if he is ruled out, I love this play on FD. If he is ruled in, I still like Kubalik today at $5,600. Currently projected on L1/PP1, he has been one of the brighter spots for the winless Chicago Blackhawks. I’m landing on 3-4 Blackhawks and I prefer to get some correlation even in my cash game lineups.
Marc-Andre Fleury (CHI) (G) – $7,200
- I already listed Thomas Chabot as my core play but today is a 3 game slate. I don’t mind rostering a skater against my own goalie, especially if the player is a defensemen. Flower has been awful this year letting 4.5 goals per game. Clearly he isn’t the same as he once used to be as an elite goaltender for the Penguins and even Golden Knights but his price is cheap and is projected to get the win against possibly a weaker team than his own. If you don’t want to play him today, my next target would be Mikko Koskinen.
Connor McDavid (EDM) (C) – $9,200
- Don’t fade the best player who is lighting up the league this year with crazy numbers. He will be chalk so lock him in your cash game builds.
Jonathan Toews (CHI) (C) – $3,700
- Captain Toews is my favorite salary relief play on the slate. I wish he played L2 but he is projected to play on L3. The good news is that he plays on the top power play unit and at this price, he is a great play against the Senators. Both of these teams are not good but vegas gives the edge to the Blackhawks at 56% W.
Brady Tkachuk (OTT) (LW) – $6,100
- If you don’t want to play Flower today in net, I would fade him and play Brady Tkachuk. The young stud who was drafted 4th overall is becoming one of the leagues top power forwards. Price tag is good here for a player who plays on the top line and top power play unit.
Marc-Andre Fleury (CHI) (G) – $7,800
- My favorite goalie on both sites is a goalie who has yet to record a win this year just like his team who have a 0-7-2 record. If Patrick Kane suits up today and plays, I like Flower even more as the team has a better chance when Kane is on the ice. My builds currently have 3 Senators vs my goalie on FD and 1 (Brady Tkachuk) vs my goalie on DK. If you don’t think Flower is a good goalie, fade him for my next favorite which is Mikko Koskinen.