Auston Matthews (TOR) (C) – $8,600
- Auston will make his season debut tonight against the New York Rangers and no better way to do it than in front of your home crowd. Scotiabank Area will be loud, electric and definitely eager to watch last years Rocket Richard winner. I love Auston on both sites and I will be building around him in my cash games.
Jakob Chychrun (ARI) (D) – $5,400
- Chychrun has quickly established himself as one of the best young defensemen in the league. After a slow start to his career, Chychrun had a breakout season last year scoring 41 points in 56 games. This is the player the Arizona Coyotes envisioned who was drafted back in 2016 as the 16th overall pick. He has such a high floor and in the small sample size from this year, he is only trending upward and I project him to go over 13 FD points.
Jordan Binnington (STL) (G) – $7,500
- I was thinking about this play all throughout the day as I hated rostering Jordan Binnington last season but in DFS, we only care about what happens today. He’s cheap but mostly importantly projected to get the win against a rebuilding Arizona Coyotes. The Coyotes lost 8-2 in their season opener and couldn’t even beat the Sabres last game. I know my other core play is Jakob Chychrun but I’m fine with rostering players against my own goalie in a small slate. Also, Chychrun is a defensemen but if that scares you, you can definitely fade Chychrun as I think the route to go is Binnington in net.
Auston Matthews (TOR) (C) – $8,400
- As mentioned earlier, I am locking Matthews over on FD and doing the same for DK. I would not fade him in cash games and expect him to get multiple points tonight against the Rangers. He will be on L1 / PP1 and he can well be the NHL leading goal scorer again this year. Press the lock button as he is my favorite play of the slate.
Blake Coleman (CGY) (LW) – $3,100
- Blake landed a massive contract worth 6 years / 29.4 mil this offseason. Although I disagree with this signing at his age, he has always been a big part of a winning organization. He brings depth and a scoring punch to the top 9 forward unit. Him being priced at 3.1k is an absolute bargain as the Flames are projected to be the highest scoring team of the slate.
Jordan Binnington (STL) (G) – $7,800
- Binnington on DK is also viable in cash games due to his price and also the Coyotes have a terrible roster. Ex-Canuck legend Loui Eriksson is projected to be on the top line. Let that sink in for a minute and that’s all I have to say.