- It was nice having NBA back yesterday but it was only a 2 game slate. Now the fun really begins with a huge 12 game slate to find the best value possible.
- With LaMelo Ball out with a sprained ankle, Terry Rozier will start the year handling the ball. Whenever LaMelo was out, we saw a massive boost from Rozier and for today, he has an excellent matchup against Tre Jones and Primo. He is my favorite play and although I don’t have him in my core plays on DraftKings currently, he will most likely be in my final build in cash games.
- With Miles Bridges, Ball and even Bouknight out, the Hornets will start the year thin which means next man up. Oubre will get heavy minutes and for his price tag at 5.1k, I will be prioritizing him next after Rozier.
- Over on DraftKings, Vassell and Keldon Johnson are in great spots. They will both have high usage now that Murray is gone. With a 221 implied total with just a 1 point spread, I really like both sides today.
- My favorite spend up on DK is Nikola Jokic. The B2B MVP will look for a 3-peat and if he plays like he has the last few years, there is no stopping him. It’s weird to see Rudy Gobert not on the Jazz roster but with the DPOY shipped to Minnesota, it favors Jokic more. However things can get ugly really quick so blowout concerns are there but the damage should come from the Joker.
Cash Play Considerations
- Tyler Herro
- Domantas Sabonis
- Saddiq Bey
- Tre Jones
- Terry Rozier