Kyle Lowry (MIA) (PG) – $5,900
- Lowry is listed probable for tonights game while Bam was downgraded to questionable. He had his best game of this season and is continuing to trend in the right direction. If Bam is out, Lowry would be my favorite heat play because of the price tag. He is a very strong play over on FD and is currently in my cash game build.
Nickeil Alexander-Walker (NO) (SG/SF) – $6,000
- NAW is having himself a breakout year which was expected when he was drafted 17th overall back in 2019. The Toronto native has had a very solid floor expect for his latest performance against the Atlanta Hawks. Before this game, he averaged nearly 35 FD points per game. If we can forget and think about the matchup here against the Kings, I really like this play at $6,000.
Jonas Valaciunas (NO) (C) – $8,200
- What a difference it makes when a superstar is out and it allows others to have more opportunities. Joval is making the most out of Zion being out and is having himself a monster start to the season. Averaging 44.2 FD points per game, the big man from Lithuania is showing everyone why he was drafted 5th overall by the Toronto Raptors. He is finally priced to where he should have been all year but even at $8,200, I like this play and he is my center as of now.
Fred VanVleet (TOR) (SG/PG) – $8,100
- After a slow start to the season, FVV keeps trending in the right direction. His last 2 games, he dropped 45.7 FD points and 47 FD points. The minutes are high and the usage is up which is what you need in cash games. I prefer him much more on FD compared to DK but I feel like I will find a way to play Fred on DK as well.
Bruce Brown (BKN) (SG/SF) – $3,800
- After Steve Nash benching Batman in their season opener against the Bucks, Bruce Brown has played 27, 30 and 35 minutes in his last 3 games. He is a great salary relief play at $3,800 and is my core play today. He is expected to start so nothing to overthink here as he will get you the elite plays.
Fred VanVleet (TOR) (PG/SG) – $8,100
- I love Fred a lot today and everything adds up for him to be a great play. Although I prefer him a lot more on FD, I am still going to play him on DK. I’ve watched him closely the past two games where he put up 50 DK points and 52.5 DK points. If the game stays close today and FVV gets his regular minutes, he has a great chance to exceed his price tag.