Jonas Valanciunas (MEM) (C) – $6,600
- Jonas continues to trend in the right direction in minutes, points and overall play. He was in my core play last time and dominated the Timberwolves with 54.4 FD points. Zion is still out and they will depend on their skilled big man to work heavy minutes. Press the lock button on FD and build around him in your cash game builds as Jonas is averaging well over 1 point per min.
Cole Anthony (ORL) (PG/SG) – $4,900
- HEAT CHECK! Cole had a career night last night putting put a monster night with 62.2 FD points. He was also in my core play and he is a lock for me again tonight. Some don’t like playing players in back to back spots but I don’t mind it at this price tag. He is a definitely a salary saver and you need that in NBA DFS. Let’s hope Cole has the same pregame preparation and comes out again chucking.
James Harden (BKN) (PG) – $9,500
- I like this matchup a lot against the Washington Wizards and I am locking James Harden today over on DK. The price tag is fairly cheap compared to the top superstars and I think Harden can can easily pay off his price. I would like his usage to be higher and closer to KD but 30% is not bad at all. He and Giannis are my favorite spend ups and I will be building around them. I have Harden in my FD build as of now and will most likely stay that way.
Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL) (PF/C) – $10,400
- The Bucks will face the Pacers tonight and the game is projected to be a close one. The price is where I like it to be and fading the best player in the league is never fun which is why he is a lock for me in cash games on DK. Same with Harden, I have Giannis in my FD build as these two are my favorite plays on the slate but they are my core plays on DK. The biggest factor into playing Giannis today is because Jrue is out which bumps everyones usage, especially the Greak Freak.
Michael Porter Jr. (DEN) (SF) – $6,000
- MPJ secured the bag this offseason by landing a 5 year max contract with the Denver Nuggets. If he can stay healthy, he can very well pay off that massive contract but that is always his problem. MPJ hasn’t had the best start this season but 6k is a solid play in cash games, especially if you plan on playing Harden and Giannis.